the retainer

a

15mm_drain_cock_type_A.jpg

b

15mm_drain_cock_type_B.jpg

The retainer on type b is bigger?

So, what do you use most?

I used a type a today on a rad drain.

Tbh, I didn't know there were type a & B!!

The retainer on type b is bigger?

So, what do you use most?

I used a type a today on a rad drain.

Tbh, I didn't know there were type a & B!!

no b doesnt have a retainer you can unscrew the shaft all the way out

a you have to remove the retainer to remove the shaft

Ah, I see, Thx Shaun

The top part, thx, where the washer is located.

Any pros or cons?

Anyone better to use?

Thx again

Ah, I see, Thx Shaun

The top part, thx, where the washer is located.

Any pros or cons?

Anyone better to use?

Thx again

not a problem and yes a dont leak when fully open

i only fit a

A type drain cocks have a seal on the shaft which stops, in theory, water running past the shaft when you use the drain. As far as I know they are regulation to use on cylinders etc inside homes

I use type A Ive got a hole tilt bin full of them as I always get plenty when doing a boiler swap but only ever end up using one or two half the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Doc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock