Discuss Do I report it to gas safe??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ferret

I am in a quandry over this one peeps and would welcome some sensible advice . I am currently working for an association as a responsive breakdown and service engineer , after working for myself untill the black days came , I have 34years experience but cannot decide on wether to call in gas safe or let it ride untill i move on from this firm , The problem is that the installation side has been installing J&S boilers since last year as replacements for all our existing boilers and as yet I have not come across One install that meets current regs , nearly all have the existing 15mm gas supplies ( yes combi,s as well) none have been bought up to part L and a couple have plume management kits setting down under beams , I am one of ten engineers and the only one who is highlighting these to the manager only to be told "they are all ok my guys have gas rated them" he seems to think I,m a trouble maker for I have shut a couple down as AR due to low WP and poor analyser readings (WP as low as 9mb in some cases) but they get turned back on after the installer returns and rates it , most I NCS as low WP , What would you do????:confused:

Very difficult I know , but I think you know what to do. You no doubt feel isolated and are worrying for your job but I always say the cream always comes to the top. Report it , you will get nothing but support from here

Report it.
Anonymously if it makes better for you but by the sound of it someone needs to have a strong word with the person resopnsable.

As said ,a terrible situation to be in,however I would report it ,if I was being forced to do the checks on these appliances and expected to turn a blind eye.Going on id'ing and ar'ing could effect your position anyway but what chose do you have,for the installers to be getting away with this ,something is very wrong in the set up,by making this post you have show how responsible you are and you have my respect,that does not put food on the table though,I would hope by reporting, something is done,taking the pressure off you,hopefully they will not know it was you anyway
Wish you well in what you decide,it is a position you should not find yourself in :(

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
as said report it cover yourself m8 you can not tolerate this,but try to find a better firm to work for first, you are taking the only attitude a gas engineer needs, responsibility stick with this you will go far

Thanks for your support I think I,ll have a word with gas safe in the morning and see what they have to say , but I think I,ll try to stay anonymous for the time being , thanks again

Personally i think you again need to challenge the manager on this and if you get the same response then go higher, i.e chief executive. Try and explain that these installations are unsafe and you will not be doing your job properly if you just let them go. Give him the choice that if someone dies due to an unsafe installation that you have flagged up that it is he who will not be able to sleep at night. Perhaps suggest that you meet with the installers and inspect their installations and report back to management on your findings.
If you decide to report to gas safe then obviously carry on doing your job exactly as you have been i.e AR'ing & ID'ing as if there is an investigation your paperwork will be fine.
Good luck mate.

repot it , i always ask my self could i cope with it IF one of my kids were to die as a result , extreme i know when theres a job init for you but i always get the same answer.

as all the gas safe guys here are advising you reporting is the only way to go if you should lose your job along the way you will no doubt have a case for unfair dismissal and after all it`s what you are trained for to keep things safe decent gas safe engineers will always find work all the best:)regards turnpin

would just hi to everyone my first post on here,

i would report it anonimously have to, but keep a record of all your paperwork so at least you can prove anything should gas safe want to see it or if need for a other purposes eg. unfair dismissal should your employer find out. also record times'dates of any meetings/chats with senior mamanagement. just to cover your back. just passed my acs this week and the one thing they hammer into you is paper work cover your own back.

Hello well update,, Phoned gas safe yesterday to report situation and stayed anonymous , question from gs what do you want us to do about it? i said to inspect the installations , but hey they won,t unless the tenants complain and that won,t happen because they are tenants, I will now have to try a different route , upper management possibly or get a local associate involved so he can report it maybe.

Hello well update,, Phoned gas safe yesterday to report situation and stayed anonymous , question from gs what do you want us to do about it? i said to inspect the installations , but hey they won,t unless the tenants complain and that won,t happen because they are tenants, I will now have to try a different route , upper management possibly or get a local associate involved so he can report it maybe.
had the same situation with corgi,gas escape left by a previous installer,took photos of installation and documented faults,however i then rectified the faults and made good the installation,so when i informed them they said because it was now safe there was not a problem:eek:makes you wonder why we bother reporting and do not just make good shoddy installs:confused:

your right there its just like corgi , a club for raising money for nothing , if you don,t join our club you cant do gas!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do I report it to gas safe??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock