Discuss DIYER Lost all radiators but 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumps do fail if they are pumping air for the night.
i would look at an airlock, then call in a pro.

Water did come out of the pump when I loosened the bleed screw. but I assume an airlock further along would restrict water to the pump. Thanks

Pumps can be faulty whether water comes out of them or not - especially if you impale them with screwdrivers ...

i once got impaled in the hand with a scissors then a few weeks later a steak knife bloody hurt and all and was a bit messy claret everywhere,anyway you should not impale pumps the standard worked fine for years design is being outlawed in jan as being to red or something stupid like that

Well I suppose if the pump is fine then you could try changing the zone valve.

This is just HILARIOUS!! Never heard someone pouring old CH water back in :D

Pure comedy :)

If you've let the water run through to flush the system out, refill and start up, and let the heating run for a while. If it's an air lock it might clear itself after running for a while.

The weekend plan is to give it a flush, try and clear any airlocks, and if still no luck look for a plumber.
Thanks for the odd bit of advice, between the mickey taking and laughter !
I

You state that you saved the water and refilled the system and all downstairs radiators stopped working, then you repeat this and you lose an upstairs rad...are you sure you are putting all the water back in..have you spilt some whilst transporting it...also if ur ball valves stuck it wont release any water to top ur system up...could be something simple..fill your system properly stop being a tight ar*e or u could end up paying more in the end !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIYER Lost all radiators but 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back