Search the forum,

Discuss Diverter valve stuck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ma701ss

Hi, sorry for the terminology if incorrect but the 3 way diverter valve on my central heating system appears to be stuck. At the timer CH is off, HW is on but both hot water and CH stay on (even with the room thermostat turned down to 10 degrees).

I've tried resetting the boiler, switching the timer on/off for both CH and HW, and even taken the motor off the valve and manually turned it (the valve - it only turns a few mm). It has done this a few times in the past 5 years but it resolved itself (can't remember if I did anything different to the above).

Anyone able to help please?

Thanks,

ma701ss

Motor (actuator) is a mid-position actuator code BGMVSP-23 if that helps.

The the valve body spindle doesnt move freely with finger movement then its that sticking in position.

New complete valve as you cant buy the body seperate.

thats a drayton Three port in a british gas guise i believe.

i fit danfoss valves or honeywell personally

It only moves a fraction any way. Have you waited a while after turning it to see if the pipe goes cold? Does the spindle on the valve head move freely?

It only moves a fraction any way. Have you waited a while after turning it to see if the pipe goes cold? Does the spindle on the valve head move freely?

Yes tried waiting. It moves about 1mm with my fingers. I could move it slightly more with pliers. Why would it suddenly stick? I can't see any corrosion, etc. around it.

Cant see whats happening inside with the paddle though ehh.

not a plumber?

Get a plumber in and replace whole valve. Sounds lije it's seized full of muck. Get the pliers on it for a bit with a wiggle here and a wiggle there

If the system water is quite dirty consider getting the system flushed and maybe adding a magnetic filter if your boilers quite new.

If the system water is quite dirty consider getting the system flushed and maybe adding a magnetic filter if your boilers quite new.

Thanks I've had a magnaclean on it for past 5 years and cleaned it out a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Diverter valve stuck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock