Discuss Dissolving condense pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

Was called called to a job today. Boilers been in for 2 years. The complaint was leaking condense pipe. I assumed it would be customer damage but when I looked at the elbows on the condense run they were all started to split and wrinkle. Normal overflow elbows. Never seen this before. Just wondered if anyone had seen this before?

Adam

are they near any hot source or exposed to the cold

No it's an internal run from a vaillant pro 28. 2 meters of overflow, 4 elbows. All 4 elbows were distorted, pipe looked fine tho.

I would change the elbows i think it could be the glue the installer used on the elbows

Not seen that before must be substandard plastic pipe . Have had condensate pipe come apart at a joint but that was due to a bad glue joint

I've changed the elbows. They looked like P.T.S overflow elbows to me. Just seemed very odd.

I've seen overflow elbows disintegrate before. I wonder if they've been contaminated with flux or something.

i kept them to have a better look when i got in. looks like silicon has been used instead of glue? Could that be the cause??

Could the cause be the pipe of one manufacturer mixed with elboes of another manufacturer, as in, the tube is too tight a fit in the elboes so although solvent weld was applied this weakened the fittings.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dissolving condense pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock