Search the forum,

Discuss Disconnect a power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I currently have a conventional boiler and a power shower. I want to replace the conventional boiler with a combi boiler. How will this impact the power shower? Will the pipe that feeds the shower be disconnected? How will the taps for the shower be removed as they are in the wall i think which have then been tiled over. Dont want to damage the tiles! Is it possible to leave it in place but that no water simply feeds through them?

The person fitting the new boiler is best placed to advise you.
If by power shower you mean an electric shower, then a new boiler will not affect it's performance - you will still be able to use it

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's an all in one power shower which will need to be disconnected. If it's been fitted properly it should be possible to isolate it without damaging tiles.

Adam - this is tied up with the challenges you've mentioned in your other post. Go to the section [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL] and one of the knowledgeable guys from here will be happy to come quote you to solve all your problems and worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Disconnect a power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler. All good, was working fine. Recently our old Potterton Suprima conventional boiler packed up and we decided to change to a Vaillant EcoTec COMBI...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a question about adding a second bathroom to a house. My parents house has one bathroom upstairs and the house is all mains fed the water tank was removed decades ago. They are converting the attic and will have a small bathroom with a toilet, basin and shower cubicle...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock