Discuss Dirty toilet water after rainfall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andip

Hi all,

we're having a problem with our toilets after heavy rain.

When we flush them after a storm the toilets fill to the normal level, but the water is discolured and smells musty. There doesn't appear to be any debris in it though.

Seems to clear after a few days of normal usage.

I called Anglian water who have checked the local drains etc and not found any issues. They suggested it may be something feeding back into the loft tank.

House is about 5 years old, relatively low water pressure. Issue happens on toliets on both floors.

We have a couple of inspection chambers in our garden and these seem clear as well.

May be coincidental, but the bowls now also have a slow trickle of water from the cisterns as well.

Would welcome any suggestions on the possible causes/fixes.

Thanks, Andi.

Firstly establish whether the WCs are fed by a gravity system. Turn off mains and flush. Do they still fill?

If so, they will be fed from a tank in the loft. Take a look at it.

If the house was built before you moved in could it have a rainwater collection system for the WCs?

If the house was built before you moved in could it have a rainwater collection system for the WCs?

Will check it out, thanks. But not sure about this, as we've lived there a couple of years and problem has only manifested itself in last few months.

If not, your best bet is to actually observe what is happening during a storm.

Hi, This is the Anglian Water press team. We’ve spotted your post about discoloured water and would like to give you the same advice that we would give any customer who has concerns about their mains water quality.

If you ring Anglian Water on 08457 145 145 (choose option 1), explain that you may have an issue with the quality of your mains tap water and that you have discoloured water.

You will then be contacted by a network scientist who will, if necessary, arrange to visit and investigate.

Of course it may turn out that your mains supply is fine but it’s always good to get it checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dirty toilet water after rainfall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock