Search the forum,

Discuss Dimplex or Rointe Water Cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m looking for some brand advice around water heaters. We are looking to replace our water heater with a Wi-Fi connected model from Dimplex or Rointe because they will give us the remote access via the app to control the water heater. We have Dimplex heaters in the house but I’m not sure about if one of them is known for being a better water heater than the other one. The Models we are looking at are below.

Rointe Rome electric water heater with WiFi
SKU: RWI150DHWC4
Or
Dimplex Quantum QWCd150-580RF Hot Water Cylinder Wifi Ready
SKU: QWCd150-580RF

Wifi !!!! , sorry, bloody stupid idea , waste of money .
Hey,

How so? My daytime job is working in IT so reliable WiFi wouldn't be an issue. Both models have a non WiFi version so I was actually asking about the cylinder it self and how reliable the brand is not the WiFi. The WiFi is my concern not yours.

Thanks
Doug,

Dont know what happened there , quite simply IMO ( qualified heating engineer) there is simply no need for a wifi control on hot water , a usual 240 v programmer will work fine . Turning hot water temperature up / down , on / off will cost you money . If you want it on an app off you go , all I was saying is its just a waste of time .

Dont know what happened there , quite simply IMO ( qualified heating engineer) there is simply no need for a wifi control on hot water , a usual 240 v programmer will work fine . Turning hot water temperature up / down , on / off will cost you money . If you want it on an app off you go , all I was saying is its just a waste of time .
Thanks for the advice grandad ;)

Hi
they are both rubbish.
made of glass lined steel. We had one cause 10k of damage when it rotted through .
Drurydd1 - I'm late to the party as usual!
The Rointe cylinder is indeed enamelled steel. The Dimplex cylinder appears to be duplex stainless according to their website, but I don't know anything about their reliability.
We have Rointe towel rails, heaters and UFH controllers and are very happy with them, and their app, but for the tank went in a different direction with a Joule unvented cylinder with their OEM immersions, and a wi-fi controller. The disadvantage being there's no reporting of actual water temperature as you get from the other Rointe products.
If you already have a tank, there are of course alternatives in the form of 'wi-fi' immersions, or add-ons, like the Tesla T-smart, or wi-fi immersion switches that give you remote control of your existing immersion, such as Optimum or Timeguard.
If you've got other Dimplex devices and are already using their app, probably worth more research on their offering.

Reply to Dimplex or Rointe Water Cylinders in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock