Discuss Detecting leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smccran

Hello all,

I have an upstairs toilet that I think is leaking. It is in an en suite room.

The room underneath (on the ground floor) has a small damp patch on the ceiling where I would estimate the toilet is above it.

My issue is that the en suite floor and wall is tiled so I cannot get easy access. The toilet cistern is embedded in the wall and is incredibly small and squeezed in, so its almost impossible to see anything.

Is there any way to detect if the unit is leaking somewhere? Do I have to take the tiles up or is there some way around this?

Thanks
Shaun

Have you felt round the waste pipe at the back of the toilet so see if there's any wetness there? a picture tells a thousand words ;)

A favorite leak on a toilet is the water connection on to the ball valve, knact fibre washer or not tightened enough. Stop using it, if the wet patch drys up it is probably on the waste or the pan to cistern connection. If the wet patch starts getting worse and you are not using it, its probably the water connection to the valve. Think you get my drift. Probably a job for one of us lads.

sliding your phone in with videorunning can get places you cant see or a cheap usb camera from ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Detecting leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock