Search the forum,

Discuss Detecting leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smccran

Hello all,

I have an upstairs toilet that I think is leaking. It is in an en suite room.

The room underneath (on the ground floor) has a small damp patch on the ceiling where I would estimate the toilet is above it.

My issue is that the en suite floor and wall is tiled so I cannot get easy access. The toilet cistern is embedded in the wall and is incredibly small and squeezed in, so its almost impossible to see anything.

Is there any way to detect if the unit is leaking somewhere? Do I have to take the tiles up or is there some way around this?

Thanks
Shaun

Have you felt round the waste pipe at the back of the toilet so see if there's any wetness there? a picture tells a thousand words ;)

A favorite leak on a toilet is the water connection on to the ball valve, knact fibre washer or not tightened enough. Stop using it, if the wet patch drys up it is probably on the waste or the pan to cistern connection. If the wet patch starts getting worse and you are not using it, its probably the water connection to the valve. Think you get my drift. Probably a job for one of us lads.

sliding your phone in with videorunning can get places you cant see or a cheap usb camera from ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Detecting leaking toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it. There's an in-ceiling speaker where water was dripping from, and there were slower drips coming from a...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. Advice required. I want to install an En-suite toilet and wash basin. It's in a guest room and will only see occasional use. There's no room for a shower pan, but I can squeeze in one of those combined basin and toilet units. My question is - can I install a toilet and basin where...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock