Discuss Delta O2 "Touch" kitchen faucet question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

6 years old. Never a problem until it sprung a leak recently. Took the solenoid apart, cleaned things up, put it back together and no more leak.
So that is not the issue. In fact, there is nothing wrong with it now but I would really like to understand how the darn 'touch' 'off' toggle works. It has me stumped. Referencing the images below... (3) shows how the water enters (4) shows how the white and black parts mate and the diaphram that, when pressurized stops the flow, and (5) shows the cylinder that houses the black and white parts. (1) and (4) show the bottom and top of the black part respectively. (2) shows the small rubber tipped piston and (5) shows where the piston goes. When the solenoid is energized it pushes the piston up and gently (there is a spring between the solenoid plunger and the piston) up against the small port shown in (5).
Somehow when the port shown in (1) is sealed off it causes the diaphragm (on the other side) to press against the base of the white part and stop the flow(I think). Also, I have no idea what part the larger opening just below the small port (1) plays.
If anyone has any thoughts on this (good, bad, indifferent) I would love to hear them.

o2 all.JPG

Attachments

• o2 all.JPG
    o2 all.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Delta O2 "Touch" kitchen faucet question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock