Discuss damned modena 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rockhopper

Hi everyone, new to the forum so please be gentle.. lol

Have a problem with ch but hw fine. When trying to start heating it fires up sounds like the water is getting hot then shuts down, but demand light still remains on.

No warning lights :confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had thought it maybe the ch sensor, can I bridge this to check if heating functions?

Thanks

Just to add, I have checked that there is air in the expansion and there is, although I have not checked pressure is correct. It almost sounds like the water is boiling/pressure is building as it rises to a bout 1.4bar, then the pilot shuts off.

no you cannot bridge the sensor it could be a pump issue by the sound of it

Thanks for the reply gasmarc, I was hoping for a quick fix sensor problem, but nothing ever simple eh!

Edited to say:

Well, it was a quick fix, I turned the combi off, unplugged the pump (grundfos 15-50) and gave a tap all round, plugged it back in, turned it all on and away it went! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Last edited by a moderator:
if you unscrew the silver screw in the middle with a big screwdriver that is where you can put a smaller screwdriver in and unjam the pump next time happy days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to damned modena 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock