Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss cylinder for radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rdpi

Hi,
this is my first post in this forum and I apologize if my explanation is not highly technical.

I recently moved in a property with:

No Gas, electricity only.
2 bedrooms.
1 bathroom (shower).
1 en-suite (bath).
Economy 7.

The existing boiler, a pulsacoil 2000, wasn't working and after receiving some repair-estimates I decided to replace it with something modern.
Ideally, in the future, I would like to user the cylinder in combination with some radiators (2 or 3) or a small underfloor heating system.

For my understanding, the type of cylinder I should look for is an "Indirect", that allows me to keep water, and heating circuits independent.
I have an expansion feed already mounted, but I can consider an unvented cylinder as well.

The ideal cylinder would then be:

Unvented
Indirect
Economy 7 (2 heating elements)
> 200L

Does something like that exist? Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot!

You might consider two sources of heating.

On and off peak electricity (off peak electricity is the cheapest of all non mains gas fuels) as per RG advice above AND

A multifuel stove can be hooked up to a thermal store as well - logs etc look lovely
and are rel. cheap when sourced sensibly and gives you an option if the lecky goes
down.

centralheatking

Thank you for the answers.
To clarify, a direct thermal store diagram could look like this:
therma.jpg
Letter on DiagramConnection type
A Cold mains in
B Mixer hot water out
C Immersion heater
D Drain connection
E Control thermostat connection (indirect only)
F Direct boiler connection (if applicable)
G To space heating (direct only if applicable)
G Boiler connection (indirect only)
H Store fill connection
I Store vent connection

Do the policies of this forum allow me to ask you for any particular brand recommendation?
In my humble opinion, the Gledhill pulsacoil 2000 has been built on a cheap standards, and has been known in the estate where I live as a very unreliable device.

I would Ideally buy something with a decent quality..

ok - your keen - the dia you have might fit my ideas. using the boiler connections

F & G you could connect a stove into the circuit plus the on and off peak electricty

However this is only in the terms that UKPF operates - you must get a HETAS
engineer to design and fit - Somerset - I have contacts there if you want
but where ? ish -

Pulsecoils are trouble everywhere - poor intermediate tech
centralheatking

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cylinder for radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock