Discuss Cylinder feed and vent in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Have a ground floor hot water cylinder, want to boost hot flow to upstairs bath with inline booster pump. Can't get to pipework near bath, so wondering if I create a new dedicated vent tee'd into pipe just after it leaves the cylinder, then install pump after new vent, and cap off old vent at cwsc. Would this work correctly ?
Any help or advice greatly appreciated thank you.

If I understand you correctly, you'll be leaving the old expansion/vent pipe in situ but capped off at the top. This would create a blind (aka dead leg), which is not permitted for health reasons.

If you post a diagram of your current pipework with a few distances / heights someone may be able to suggest another solution.

Or fit one of them will boost the flow granted not as much as a 2 bar booster pump but doesn’t require much fitting work

If I understand you correctly, you'll be leaving the old expansion/vent pipe in situ but capped off at the top. This would create a blind (aka dead leg), which is not permitted for health reasons.

If you post a diagram of your current pipework with a few distances / heights someone may be able to suggest another solution.
No, I`ll be capping it off just above the upstairs floor, as I know I can get to it there in some boxing

Reply to Cylinder feed and vent in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock