Search the forum,

Discuss Cylinder feed and vent in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Have a ground floor hot water cylinder, want to boost hot flow to upstairs bath with inline booster pump. Can't get to pipework near bath, so wondering if I create a new dedicated vent tee'd into pipe just after it leaves the cylinder, then install pump after new vent, and cap off old vent at cwsc. Would this work correctly ?
Any help or advice greatly appreciated thank you.

If I understand you correctly, you'll be leaving the old expansion/vent pipe in situ but capped off at the top. This would create a blind (aka dead leg), which is not permitted for health reasons.

If you post a diagram of your current pipework with a few distances / heights someone may be able to suggest another solution.

Or fit one of them will boost the flow granted not as much as a 2 bar booster pump but doesn’t require much fitting work

If I understand you correctly, you'll be leaving the old expansion/vent pipe in situ but capped off at the top. This would create a blind (aka dead leg), which is not permitted for health reasons.

If you post a diagram of your current pipework with a few distances / heights someone may be able to suggest another solution.
No, I`ll be capping it off just above the upstairs floor, as I know I can get to it there in some boxing

Reply to Cylinder feed and vent in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock