Discuss Cutting gas pipe under floor board in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all,

So I had an eventful day yesterday, was asked to replace some floor boards as they had rotten out, set my depth on my circular to 20mm just about 1mm more than needed, on my first cut I managed to nick two heating pipes and the gas pipe.

After isolating the gas rather quick and repairing the hearing pipes, I waited for a gas engineer to come and fix the gas pipe.

My question was simply as this installing looked fairly recent is there any regulations as to gas pipes under wooden floor boards especially as they where touching the back of the floor board. The joists are 6 inch in depth.

Slightly annoyed and embarrassed I've been in the trade long enough

Nope nothing stopping anyone from installing in a timber floor

And there's no minimum depth required for gas pipes under neath floor boards ??

Max notch 1/8 the depth of the joist like any other

Reply to Cutting gas pipe under floor board in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock