Search the forum,

Discuss Croppie. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Hi you stated,to take the cover off a boiler, you have to be gsr,?
Where did you get this info from thanks?:blush5:

yes you do anything in regards to the insides eg elec/ cover you need to be gas safe why do they come pre wired with a bit of flex so the sparks dont have to take the cover off

its not hard to work out,its a pre requisite of being a registered gas engineer ,are you familer with the current legislation laid out in the GUISR

Taking the cover off UNDER SUPERVISION is one thing. Doing it willy nilly is another.

And I will remind you to go and read the forum rules.

I work for 35-40 gas safe engineers?
I always take the cover of a boiler? thanks?

I work with electricians. Doesn't mean that I consider myself competent to do what they do unless they ask me.

At the moment you are winding me up.

Either accept that, as far as the Gas Safety, Installation and Use Regulations 1998 are concerned, you are most certainly not competent to remove the boiler casing except under supervision.

Or I will consider you to be a danger to both yourself and other members of this forum and take the appropriate steps.

I'll have a couple of pints of what he's been drinking. Obviously the 6 I had at darts doesnt cut the mustard.

Is that butter or caramel on the popcorn?

I GET THAT, but you should always try and help people?
He closed the thread?

I GET THAT, but you should always try and help people?
He closed the thread?

because he took the case off / messing inside with the elecs that he knew nothing about

hes prob put 240 v through the 24v dc side of the board and fried it

Had enough of you now. It's been explained why. It's in the forum rules and yet you are still arguing the toss.

Had enough of you now. It's been explained why. It's in the forum rules and yet you are still arguing the toss.

nooo let him poke the bear more :D

But croppie, you are in danger in life, of never helping people?
If they are out of their depth, then fine.
You end the help to soon?

how if there not messing with the internals and the installers done his job and its not a diy install it will be fine

Nobody should be fecking about with a boiler once its up and running unless you are gsr.

You help people according to the governing regulations and those of this forum.

Telling someone to take the case off a boiler to get at the wiring is illegal in a good 90% of the time.

Therefore we take a hard and fast rule. Don't do it. Get someone in.

That is being both realistic and helpful.

And you are still trying my patience. Word of advice.

Give up now. You are in the wrong, accept it.

Total wind up. Love how calm croppie is. Was only thinking earlier we've not had a good banning for a while. Puts on pythonesque woman's voice. "Ooh a banning, a banning"

tumblr_static_tumblr_m8d0kayo3f1rb1baco1_500.gif

im done crop now you can close :D

Hey croppie, I am a nice person and I fully respect heating engineers, but you was a horrible person on that reply?

Just stop writing !!! Stop fighting doesn't get nowhere! He knows the crack you shouldn't touch the case unless you have an gsr person next to you !!!

Hey croppie, I am a nice person and I fully respect heating engineers, but you was a horrible person on that reply?

now now dont start hating on good old short crop just because you feel trapped and corned just because you gave bad advice

Horrible???????
Ha ha grow up mate. It could be deemed melodramatic but we're trying to keep idiots alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Croppie. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, What does the summer/winter dial do on a tank less gas geyser? Should you adjust it or leave it on one mode or adjust it according...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock