Discuss CP12 on a gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
im i right in thinking the only time a hob gives of co is when someones been messing with the jets and fat is all over the shop and you either get flame lift off or no flames at all due to lift off and fat..

if its nice and blue i dont see any point

it wont produce co if there are no flames at all :)

there are more things to consider then just cooking fat, like gas rate, incorrect injectors, incorrect fretts/burners, poor ventilation etc... etc...

Last edited:
If your doing testing of a gas appliance, you must do a gas rate or operating pressure or both where appropriate (Gas safety installation & use regs 26(9)). Gas rate is an absolute pain, so what I do is as follows: I have made up a fitting, using a gas jet soldered to an 8mm copper pipe. I unscrew one of the jets on the hot plate and screw in my adapted fitting. I connect my manometer to this and carry out the operating pressure. This works on most gas hobs and cooker I come across.

Every appliance should have a means of isolating it, how do you test the pipework if you can't isolate an appliance? Especially if you're hunting a drop. And you need to record the make and model on the CP12 so most of the time you have to slide the oven out to read the data badge as most markings have rubbed off the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CP12 on a gas hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock