Search the forum,

Discuss Council Tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

I have a flat with damp problems, the tenants after 5 years have poked off so I decided to cure this damp once and for all, being as the tenants had hidden it behind book shelves etc and not told me about it. So investigating away discovered an old flue liner still in the chimney, despite getting a builder to remove all liners and cap and vent the flues 9 years ago, grrrrrgh. So had that out and did the job right. However the chimney breast on the ground floor is saturated, so the plasterboard etc has been stripped back to dry it all out.

So the flat cant be used, its taking an age to dry, so I asked for an exemption on council tax whilst doing these works, knowing that decorating doesnt count etc etc.

However, this isnt decorating its back to basics and the main living area is a building site. So I was surprised to get a letting back rejecting my request and informing me that if I had people occupying the property, it would not be damp................. Oh how I laughed at the councils sense of humour and depth of knowledge of the building industry.

An e mail has winged its way back , appealing their decision and asking for a qualified surveyor to visit the site rather than the dozy woman who turned up in high heels to have a look tripping over herself twice whilst visiting.

I may be representing myself in court in a few months time either for non payment or strangling a council officer fecking money grabbing cockwombles...........

The biggest joke is that were I to rent this flat to the council for emergency short term housing, it wouldnt be suitable, due to the damp/mould issues..........

MONEY MONEY MONEY is all they care for

As for the damp, my advice would be to get a dehumidifier helps a lot, and get it sprayed with a damp sealer then sand and cement render with waterproofer then plaster that or re brick the inner skin

thats great advice plumben, if my wall wasnt over 3 foot thick and built of rubble and lime mortar :) the dehumidifier has been on for sometime now, but water is taking its time to run out!! know where your coming from though :)

A builder guy i know up here is having to pay reduced rate (-25%) council tax on an old cottage he has bought for renovation.
Atm the building has 4 walls, no windows and half a roof but he still has to pay it.

Another whinging Landlord.......

Been hard done by previous tradesmen.
Jobs have never been done properly.

Repairs have to be done the cheapest possible way - to the highest standard.

I can't pay you the full amount - I will pay your bill with the rent over a period of months

Last edited:
Another whinging Landlord.......

Been hard done by previous tradesmen.
Jobs have never been done properly.

Repairs have to be done the cheapest possible way - to the highest standard.

I can't pay you the full amount - I will pay your bill with the rent over a period of months

Totally agree , typical landlord, all happy & nice as pie when rent is coming in, All change to sob & hard done by story's when they have to pay out. Maybe we could take up a collection to help out a Forum member, Cos like me he lives in the poor part of the UK, If your quick you may get a grant of the EU ,B4 we leave that is,

sarccie beggars, just spent ÂŁ1500 on new french doors in the kitchen, repainted all the rooms. the damp was there, but the tenants never told me about it daft beggars, they just hid it behind cupboards and let it get really bad. I looked in occasionally but never noticed it.

sarccie beggars, just spent ÂŁ1500 on new french doors in the kitchen, repainted all the rooms. the damp was there, but the tenants never told me about it daft beggars, they just hid it behind cupboards and let it get really bad. I looked in occasionally but never noticed it.

I'm almost tempted to feel sorry for him -- anyone with me?

They are recovering the money they paid out for your free landlord boiler !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Council Tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
So, just curious. Whilst replacing some worrying pipes within the partition wall at the rear of the shower enclosure, I discovered the following...There is a cold water pipe feeding the next door shower.(The showers are back to back) Part of it is a copper pipe into a compression fitting...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock