Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cost of replacement boiler - Quote required, near Stansted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesL85

Hi,

I have a flat that currently has a central heating system with a gas boiler in the kitchen, an immersion cylinder in a cupboard and two water tanks in the loft; a large cold water tank and a smaller central heating expansion tank.

The coil in my immersion cylinder looks to have cracked, causing an overflow of the central heating expansion tank. I have had some fairly big quotes to replace the immersion cylinder. Bearing in mind my boiler is quite old, kettles badly and has a lack of user controls, I was interested in the cost of just replacing the whole system with a combi boiler.

I spoke to British Gas, but they cannot give me even a rough quote. They can send an engineer to write up a quote, but not for 6 weeks and I can't wait that long.

I know that the job can vary between properties, but roughly speaking what would be a good estimate for the following work:
- Disconnect and remove the old boiler.
- Disconnect and remove the immersion cylinder.
- Disconnect and remove the water tanks in the loft.
- Cost of a new combi boiler.
- Install a new combi boiler.

Many thanks,

James.

as above depending on your location in the uk but for a decent job using quality products and a nice warranty between ÂŁ2500 and ÂŁ3500

you can list your details here and a local to you plumber will help you out

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Cost of replacement boiler

Good ball park figures there. Where are you based as I'm know someone on here would be happy to pop over and give you a estimate.

You'll save yourself a few quid by disposing of the old boiler and tanks in the loft yourself.

Call Stan. He will do a good job and is very knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cost of replacement boiler - Quote required, near Stansted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We're looking to update our existing central heating setup and wanted to get a few more opinions. We currently have an open vented...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200...
Replies
Views
I have a 3 port valve Y plan system, with a hot water tank in airing cupboard and a cold water feeder tank in loft. I want to replace the old 25+...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock