Search the forum,

Discuss correcting ph of heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
I recently power flushed with an acidic solution on a particularly dirty system. I drained and refilled and added the neutraliser crystals and test the ph. It was a bit disturbing to find it was still about 5 ph. So I repeated to get it down to about 7.5.
I just wondered what solutions/methods everyone else was using to bring ph to correct safe levels? What level is perfect?

As Harv says. But adding more neutraliser is quite common it’s dependant on the size of the system

I just did a test on my mains water tap and got a ph of 5. Does that sound right? That would mean most heating systems are filled with a ph of 5? Slightly acidic maybe? Your views

Reply to correcting ph of heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock