Search the forum,

Discuss correcting ph of heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
I recently power flushed with an acidic solution on a particularly dirty system. I drained and refilled and added the neutraliser crystals and test the ph. It was a bit disturbing to find it was still about 5 ph. So I repeated to get it down to about 7.5.
I just wondered what solutions/methods everyone else was using to bring ph to correct safe levels? What level is perfect?

As Harv says. But adding more neutraliser is quite common it’s dependant on the size of the system

I just did a test on my mains water tap and got a ph of 5. Does that sound right? That would mean most heating systems are filled with a ph of 5? Slightly acidic maybe? Your views

I just did a test on my mains water tap and got a ph of 5. Does that sound right? That would mean most heating systems are filled with a ph of 5? Slightly acidic maybe? Your views
Tap water in my area is more than that.

Reply to correcting ph of heating systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock