Discuss Connection to a gas pipe that:s 50 years old in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
New gas meter ,no pressure drop, 3/4 imperial copper pipe which goes under a concrete floor to a free standing cooker approx 3m pipe run which comes out the floor in 3/4 copper ,pressure and gas rate fine.OAP has bought new free standing cooker and wants it fitted. NO pipe work to any other appliance except cooker.To install a new gas supply to the cooker would cost a lot of money with the kitchen layout. What would you do ?

Why would you need a new gas line if existing is tight? Why can't you disconnect old cookery and connect new one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If its tight I would think it would be ok as long as you can attach new pipe to it, only you no if it seems like its in poor condition. If it wasn't a oap then maybe advise a new run but if they can't afford it and it's within the regs then leave it.

Yes as a gas safe engineer we can. However we have a responsibility to for gas pipe work and its condition and age not just a tightness test.

If it is gas tight and pressure/gas rate is to MI their shouldnt be a problem

I don't think that any GasSafe registered person with any sort of experience would be asking this
question.

If the pipe going in and coming out is in good condition and all other tests prove positive the why
on earth would you want to run new pipework?

If you were doing a landlords certificate on the property would you condemn it because it is old?

Why i have 30 years experience and love to ask questions from all those who can help.I love to ask questions from people who no it all !HA I love to give questions that give a direct responce:hurray:

Just because a gas pipe passes a gas tightness test it doesn't mean its safe and god forbidden anyone who thinks that. As a a gas safe engineer i thought that a drop test would have given a different reaction to common sense in this forum

Just because a gas pipe passes a gas tightness test it doesn't mean its safe and god forbidden anyone who thinks that. As a a gas safe engineer i thought that a drop test would have given a different reaction to common sense in this forum

Spoken like a true mercenary :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connection to a gas pipe that:s 50 years old in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock