Discuss Connecting toilet to 15mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James100

Hi,

This is my first piece of plumbing work, so treat me as if I know nothing (which isn't far off!)

I want to connect a toilet to the inlet pipe (15mm copper). I have read that a flexible connector is best, but these all look too long. I have no more than a few inches from the top of the boxing that hides the pipes to the base of the cistern, and I would like an isolation valve in that gap. The toilet didn't come with any nuts to connect the cistern to the inlet pipe, so I was wondering what is best to get a good connection between the base of the cistern (plastic thread) and the copper pipe? Is a normal 15mm compression nut good enough, or would that not give a water tight connection?

Any help/tips much appreciated!

Thanks

James

Depends on how big the gap is, whether the angle is straight-up or offset.

If you're a novice you might want to look at getting a push-fit connector.

Service Valves

Straight
15832.gif
Screwdriver operated service valve for hot or cold services. Brass, nickel plated. Part No.Description Unit PriceQty1583215 mm x 1/2" union, straight

Thanks for the info. It's a straight connection, the copper pipe is directly underneath the cistern inlet.

So does one end of that part screw directly onto the cistern, and the other pushes straight onto the copper pipe then? Or are those parts designed for plastic pipe?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting toilet to 15mm copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock