Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Connecting Grasslin digi timer to Potterton Puma 80- help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yasmina

Hi,

I am new to this forum, but have searched through as many of the posts to see if anyone has had the same confusion as me.

I basically have a very reliable Potterton Puma 80e that had an old analogue electrotimer that ended up ticking very loudly.

I purchased a replacement Grassling Digital timer. I thought replacing one timer with the other would be a doddle, as I made sure that the connecting wires from the boiler that were attached to the old timer were in the correct order when placing them onto the pins of the new digi timer.

But I think something is wrong. Since installing the new timer, the boiler seems to always stay on, despite having programmed the timer to switch on at certain times. The only way I can switch the combi off is if I hit the fixed hand button on the timer face.

I have included a photo to show you the colours of the wires that come from the boiler and the timer pins they are attached to.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks!

Yas.

View attachment 10495

IMG_20130126_165439.jpg

I hope it has attached now!

Thanks

Follow the instructions with the programmer. identify your permanant supply and your output supply to boiler and connect up taking note some timers have a volt free contact which needs a link for your boiler, if you cant follow diagram get a qualified electrician to do it ,its not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting Grasslin digi timer to Potterton Puma 80- help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. So I have just moved into a new house with a Potterton boiler in it. Great big thing!! lol. I want to fit a Hive to it but it obviously...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock