Discuss Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigskelly

I am building an extension and need to connect a 40mm waste outlet from the bath into a new foul water system. I spoke to building control and was told that I needed to convert the 40mm pipe (this is already in place through the wall) into a 110mm stack fitted with an anti-vacuum valve. I didn't think to ask the question at the time but is it generably allowable to run the 40mm pipe down the wall into a short length of 110mm pipe (i.e. 110mm feeding from the foul water drain up the wall say 500mm) or do I need to create a 110mm stack extending above the sofit level (+1m I think) and connect the 40mm into the stack at the same approximate height (allowing for a fall of course) as the pipe protrudes through the wall? I will have two more full height stacks on the extension which connect directly to toilets/sinks/showers and these will have vents and anti-vacuum valves on the 40mm inlets.
Another question I have is on the rainwater system that will drain into a soakaway. In two locations, I need to cross the line of the foul water system and looking at the gully I wish to buy, I think I could do this by running at 45degrees out of the back of the gulley i.e. a short length of pipe just long enough (I would think 600mm or so) which allows me to cross the foul water system before connecting via a T into the rainwater system - does anyone see any issues with this as the alternative would be to dig the rainwater system trench deeper (hard work!) meaning I would need to enter the soakaway at lowish level - would that in itself cause any issues?

Re: Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water

Provided you have one vent pipe near end of longest run then stub stacks are acceptable elsewhere.
Soak ways should be at least 5 metres from any foundations. How the water gets there rarely concerns BC.

Re: Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water

Just run the SVP to sofit height or above the roof if there's a window near by. Stick a cage on the end, no need for any valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi, just hoping someone can advise on best option to connect 40mm waste pipe to a flexible bath waste hose of approx 30mm, I assume some form a...
Replies
Views
S
Can the discharge and overflow pipes from a water softener go to surface water drainage (soakaway in my case) instead of foul? I'm first of all...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside...
Replies
Views
Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock