Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss CoNGLP1 course material not provided in the Plumbing Courses area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. AmyG

AmyG GSR

Hey all,

I just sat my lpg tickets this week. I'm now supposedly fully qualified to work on lpg. It's just that we were given no reference material to take away.

Is this normal practice? Seems pretty poor to me!

Cheers
    Amy

2. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

I've not done LPG but have done Commercial N.Gas 4 times over the last 20 years and never had anything to come away with apart from my own notes.

3. AmyG

AmyG GSR

Ok, maybe been spoilt in the past. Last time I sat my ccn1 we were given the logic training manual. Which is great as a wee reference guide.

Two days of being rammed with new facts and figures seems a lot to then be called competent and not have any way of accessing the material we were just shown.

4. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Do mine in Plymouth always get up to date information to take away, instructor does all his books in plain understandable text

5. AmyG

AmyG GSR

I just find it shocking, we are now responsible and have nothing to reference to. You pay £500 for a course and there is no reference material included. I think our industry needs regulated but the way the regulation bodies organise the courses just seem like taking your money and passing all the responsibility onto the installer. I will be buying some reference material so I can hopefully be doing my job right, but I do not feel much more qualified from sitting a two day course.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

what did you do? quals wise?

7. AmyG

AmyG GSR

CoNGLP1
    PD, LAV and RPH

8. ShaunCorbs

HOW MUCH mine was only £250 two day change over

9. AmyG

AmyG GSR

How long ago was that! I phoned at least 5 centres. They were all pretty similar so I chose the closest.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. ShaunCorbs

about 2 years

11. gingalig

gingalig GSR

I sat mine about 6 months ago, they supplied the Logic book to take a way its pretty handy as a reference. paid approx £400 for PD , LAV, RPH, CoNGLP1