Search the forum,

Discuss Confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adie bond

I am just about to move into a 3 bed semi bungalow.It has a back boiler which needs removing and six rads so far i've had three plumbers over to give me a quote,two suggested a vaillant and the other prefered glow worm,but i gather they are much the same.Condensing boiler seems to be the choice,however one says ecotec plus 837 whilst the other says the 837 is too big for the property and recomends a 428 sealed system.So who is right or is it just a case of two solutions to the same problem:confused:

Definitely DONT go for the Glow-worm. Most fitters will have their favored choice of boiler, and i think the Vaillant does seem to be one of the best about at this moment. Although ive always preferred the Worcester boilers, but after speaking with an engineer last week who is constantly fitting boilers, he swears by the Vaillant.
A 28kw condensing combi boiler should be suffiecent.

Cheers Mark
will using a combi mean that the hot water cylinder is dispensed with ?
What happens to the cold water storage tank in the loft ? Someone told me that i should have heat only sealed system instead of the combi - why would they suggest this ?:rolleyes:

Adie, just reading your thread , my advice would be to steer away from combi`s if at all possible , i have been through the process and wish i kept to the stored way of doing things, you can have the back up of an electric emersion heater if the boiler fails were as a combi kills everything and you only have to look at the amount of threads around combi breakdowns to know this will happen cheers .:)

There is also the problem of living in a hard water area (most of the south) which clogs up the heat exchanger with scale within a couple of years (scale filter or not) Combis do not like hard water areas whatever the glossy brochures say otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock