Discuss Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Fwiw concealing an inline fan above the ceiling needs access
Yes, i'll update shortly doing the work now - we've added an access hatch for the ACM 125T Vent axia.

Quick question though - when swapping to the solid 5" ducting, we've found a horizontal piece of timber spanning the joists and it wont allow enough space to get the 5" ducting through.

As an alternative - is the flat/rectangle ducting any good? If so what size is equivalent in performance to 5" round? As that may be our only option short of notching out this piece of wood.... but it means ceiling down if so.

You can cut / notch this timber it’s only there for cross support and tbh 2” is fine

Update on this one - Couldn't get the ACM150T in there as there wasn't enough height clearance in the ceiling cavity.

But the ACM125T went in there.... just.... now with 5" solid ducting It's blowing super hard and really not that loud.

No condensation on the walls even during a long shower now, and id say leaving the fan on for about 5 mins post using the bathroom, even the glass shower door was bone dry.

Overkill, perhaps.... but we got there in the end, thanks for all your help.

Couple of photos im putting up too before i close the chapter on this one haha.

Forgot to mention when we cut a hole up there and found the old flexible ducting, the installers had nailed an electrical cable to a joist to 'hold' the ducting in place, I presume before the ceiling went up....but the cable was completely throttling it. I guess that explains why the original Axial fan I had did F-all. Certainly wouldn't have helped anyway.

And the other photos, ACM125T neatly in place, solid ducted up and a neat little hatch I made for an access panel should it ever break down in future :D

thanks again all.

IMG-1413.jpg

IMG-1669.jpgIMG-1670.jpg

Not to dampen your enthusiasm for a job well done but until the winter arrives you won't know ho effective the solution is.

Bathrooms need a lot of heat AND ventilation ..................

Reply to Condensation In Bathroom With No Window - Best Extractor Solution? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
I currently rent a flat but the bathroom does not have a window. Weirdly last year we had no issues but this year we have noticed mould spores on...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've got a recurring really bad/strong smell coming exclusively from the 1st floor Master Bathroom and En-suite (Ground floor and top...
Replies
Views
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford RG10, Berkshire before end January (overall dimensions: 335 x 157cm) ———————————— • Remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are experiencing some problems with both our Showers in our home. We have two Showers - in the upstairs bathroom & in a wet room...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock