Discuss Condensate Pipe Not Connected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had to terminate both condensate pipe and PRV pipe internally cause the boiler was on the third floor. I used a trap with washing machine where I used the side for condensate and the top for PRV pipe and used a tundish. Am I suppose to put a CO alarm in the kitchen. I am a bit confused now.

plenty of local council propertys around by me had condense pipes cut and tub/bowl left underneath with instructions to tennant to empty the tub when full during the last winter. some i have come across that have never been reconnected so muggins glues em back together. i now carry plenty of overflow couplers on the van!

That's quite worrying if councils are sanctioning this. The condensate pipe is the ideal environment for legionella incubation.

I recently had to terminate both condensate pipe and PRV pipe internally cause the boiler was on the third floor. I used a trap with washing machine where I used the side for condensate and the top for PRV pipe and used a tundish. Am I suppose to put a CO alarm in the kitchen. I am a bit confused now.
It is my understanding, for an internal condensate there must be a water trap present with at least 75mm of water seal before it enters the waste or it may be classed as 'AR'.

Best to make a 75mm trap out of overflow elbows behind kitchen cub/space if its needed, some boilers condense traps are 75mm, if you follow boiler instructions then you cant go wrong. If i remember some older Ideals needed an external trap.

That's quite worrying if councils are sanctioning this. The condensate pipe is the ideal environment for legionella incubation.

Dont know if the council knows or if its the company paid to cover maintence's idea? if i report it i end up doing it anyway so i just fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate Pipe Not Connected in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock