Currently reading:
condensafe!?

Discuss condensafe!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WPH

i over heard a couple of gas fitters in my local merchants discussing condensafe fittings and from what i gathered they where basicly saying by putting one of these condensafe fittings on you can run the condense line to a rain water pipe? is this right or have i over heard a couple of liars?

Boilers do have traps but sum need secondary traps, for instance ideal isars. U should fit a 'u' bend or trap and it should be 75mm deep especially if u are using an internal tundish for an air gap. An Isar with an open ended condi pipe inside property with no 2ndary trap is ID. The internal trap isn't deep enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Boilers do have traps but sum need secondary traps, for instance ideal isars. U should fit a 'u' bend or trap and it should be 75mm deep especially if u are using an internal tundish for an air gap. An Isar with an open ended condi pipe inside property with no 2ndary trap is ID. The internal trap isn't deep enough

Never heard of that. And just checked isar manual and even that suggests fitting an air gap?

Sorry if poc's leaving aid gap then ID, if no poc's leaving air then AR.
Pages22-24 condi pipe install. Shows a 75mm trap between boiler and air gap.

So it can go, boiler, 75mm trap , air gap (sink plug hole for eg), then soakaway/main stack. The boiler trap isnt deep enough, basically I think it's a 25mm internal boiler trap and ideal reckon the fan could blow through it.

The 75mm trap is after the air gap

Last edited:
5ad11952-22ae-a9c7.jpg

Very sorry. I stand corrected.

Can't believe that. I would of thought it would of had to be integral to the boiler

Just think of when you fit a condense pump. The condense pipe isn't sealed to the unit and these are sited internally.

Very sorry. I stand corrected.

Can't believe that. I would of thought it would of had to be integral to the boiler

There is an integral one fitted, however it's not deep enough. Isar was built to fit in the small cupboards and they gave up a suitable sized trap inside for space saving. Obviously their answer was to add an external trap to get round the issue

There is an integral one fitted, however it's not deep enough. Isar was built to fit in the small cupboards and they gave up a suitable sized trap inside for space saving. Obviously their answer was to add an external trap to get round the issue

And what an abortion that is.

Just finished a big contract 250 installs, me and my boss installed 40 full systems, right at the end of the contract the council decided that they wanted these condensafes put in, pretty easy to install and had to write the date on them when they were put in.. can u guess who had to go back and do them

Just finished a big contract 250 installs, me and my boss installed 40 full systems, right at the end of the contract the council decided that they wanted these condensafes put in, pretty easy to install and had to write the date on them when they were put in.. can u guess who had to go back and do them

Aslong as u got paid to do rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to condensafe!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock