Search the forum,

Discuss Conceala 2 (sv93467) dump valve issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Anyone else had an issue with one of these?

Ideal Standard 1.5 Dual Flush Valve (SV93467)

First visit I cleaned up the base washer of limescale and reseated it. Fine for a week then started letting by again.
So, new washer and clip, again... Started letting by.

Ordered whole new valve and went to fit it this morning. Should have been 5 mins job but the new unit still let by and I had to feck about for an hour. Changed the inlet valve diaphragm as it was filling so slowly I assumed that new water was just flowing down into pan before enough head and weight of water pushed down on the dump seal, to stop it letting by.

This eventually worked by overcoming the water running into the pan, but surely that's not how this valve should operate!

I got it to hold but its bugging me and am not happy with it! I could pop back and smear silicone grease over the dump seal but that's not proper is it!
Can't see how this part from a decent reputable manufacturer shouldn't work as it comes.

Any other ideas? Obviously, the existing base part of the valve was used and I just twist-locked the upper assembly into it. Could it be a limescale issue with the bottom assembly not having a perfect mating face?

Cheers for any input. I hate a £35 spend on a part that doesn't fix an issue :mad:

Have you replaced the push as they go wrong eg not fully extending out / sticking

They're air buttons (dual flush) and it happened whether or not they were connected via the pneumatic tubes.

Ta for stepping in :)

Yes do they extend fully and don't bind up etc

Hmmmnnn... Thinking about what you said... Do you think the valve might only function correctly when the hoses are connected to the bellows (buttons) so that resistance of the trapped air prevents the sealing washer from lifting slightly under buoyancy of the rising cistern water? Or am I overthinking it :rolleyes::D

Hmmmnnn... Thinking about what you said... Do you think the valve might only function correctly when the hoses are connected to the bellows (buttons) so that resistance of the trapped air prevents the sealing washer from lifting slightly under buoyancy of the rising cistern water? Or am I overthinking it :rolleyes::D

Yes spot on

Lol! Which bit.. The vacuum or overthinking it?

I don't want to charge customer for a new push plate (@£30) if it's not that. So maybe I'll just bung the ends of the pneumatic hoses as a test, if she has further issues with it. That should rule them in or out you think?

The plate

Reply to Conceala 2 (sv93467) dump valve issues! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock