Search the forum,

Discuss Companies to design a water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all.

I have been asked to quote for a job at a rowing club. Quite a big job running 10 showers, 6 basins, 6 toilets, 2 catering kitchens etc. This place is running out of hot water regularly due to demand.

The place is fed by a 7lb lead supply which feeds 2 water tanks in the loft and a 250litre gas fired Andrew's water heater so definitely not up to scratch

Around 200lpm with everything running

And 500-600l of hot water

Find out what the water main lpm and pressure is and come back to us (the water board will be able to tell you)

:D no wounder they run out

Any more room up there eg double it min would recommend 3-4x

Yep plenty more room up there. All right having 4 tanks but trying to fill them up off a 15mm main is not ideal hey

That's why you need more cap so over time they refil

I would be looking at replacing the lead main 35mm min

I'm not surprised they are running out with that set up.
If they have all 10 showers on simultaneously, running at say 10L/min then that's 100L/min of flow. Average shower length is 5-6 mins. So 600L of 40 degree water required for 10 showers. So 1 x 400L unvented would suffice for 10 showers running at the same time. However you then need the recovery time if they are used straight after.
You will be looking at a big breaker tank feeding a booster pump/pumps.

I'm not surprised they are running out with that set up.
If they have all 10 showers on simultaneously, running at say 10L/min then that's 100L/min of flow. Average shower length is 5-6 mins. So 600L of 40 degree water required for 10 showers. So 1 x 400L unvented would suffice for 10 showers running at the same time. However you then need the recovery time if they are used straight after.
You will be looking at a big breaker tank feeding a booster pump/pumps.

Definitely. That's what I thought it would be good to get a manufacturer out to spec it. Thought Stuart Turner did this and was wondering what others. Shaun has suggested DAB

Definitely. That's what I thought it would be good to get a manufacturer out to spec it. Thought Stuart Turner did this and was wondering what others. Shaun has suggested DAB

stuart tuner havent taken over an accumulator manufacturer so they would be ok as well i find there pumps a bit noise tho but does it matter :D

I have had Rinnai and Bosch design hot water systems for me in commercial and semi commercial installations.
Both have been beyond exceptional as far as I am concerned and the systems they specified / designed have worked above expectations

They also give you guarantees that the system they design will work.

I would be contacting either of them to do the design for you.

Here is the schematic. To be honest, when I looked at the cylinder quickly I thought it was unvented as it had pressure gauge on it. Schematic shows it as gravity. Any way, tank is only 245 litres. None of the showers are thermostatically controlled and as the tanks in loft are old they need to be replaced.

Screenshot_20181130-124839_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Reply to Companies to design a water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot water tank (cold tank in loft), but the hot water tank died 18 years ago. At that time we fitted a smaller 117litre tank and went for fitting electric...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock