Search the forum,

Discuss Comments and feedback constructive or otherwise welcome. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
After some brave industry newcomers posted some pictures of their work and asked for feedback. I gave my thoughts as honestly and constructively as I could. It's now only fair for me to see what the forum has to say about my own work. Good or bad here are some of my Boiler installs from the last couple of months (that I bothered to take pics of and have on my phone)
If you want to show your stuff be it boilers bathrooms solar Heat pumps oil tanks or gutters let's take pride in what we do and show each other what we are capable of good and bad. Feel free to add your own work pics for Comment if you like.
abc1523cbb64ee11cef611c694202f62.jpg

a184eaed8462566a6305739a51f84de9.jpg
322359cfe1ac110344ad8f89981d2564.jpg
f3ce190e21533f399c820444978d83be.jpg
fa5fea79f8fb07b9280edcc477e05e41.jpg
f08dc7f911ffa0dd0e461643e3b6638e.jpg

Last edited:
The one in the garage i would have put the return over to the flow side under the boiler and took it up.
Looks kinds weird done that way.
And image one you fitted a vaillant - just saying lol

It's always hard to comment especially when the photos are not of a finished job. Overall I would say it's very neat, high quality work mate. For me I would use a wras filling loop, clip the vertical flue on the ideal and have d.o.c's under boiler for draining and flushing but I'm sure my work would have a number of different comments a swell :)

The one in the garage i would have put the return over to the flow side under the boiler and took it up.
Looks kinds weird done that way.
And image one you fitted a vaillant - just saying lol
In hindsight I think it would have looked better that way. I wanted less pass overs to make the pipe insulating that came next easier.

looks good only a few little niggles (for me) formed bends instead of elbows, t straight after a coupling, clips not aline (on new installs) but other than that looks good

anyones want to take a guess what the below pic is for, had to custom make them

2011-11-25 12.03.07.jpg

and a few of mine

image2.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

image1.jpg

2012-04-25 15.49.14.jpg

Last edited:
looks good only a few little niggles (for me) formed bends instead of elbows, t straight after a coupling, clips not aline (on new installs) but other than that looks good

anyones want to take a guess what the below pic is for, had to custom make them

View attachment 22409

and a few of mine

View attachment 22410

View attachment 22411

View attachment 22413

View attachment 22414

View attachment 22417

View attachment 22415

View attachment 22416

View attachment 22418
Some quality work there Corbs.
Don't envy the church job that pipe work looks massive.

sorry solutions, that one made me chuckle....
why pull a bend on the blow off then solder a joint anyway?
could have just used elbow!!

Some quality work there Corbs.
Don't envy the church job that pipe work looks massive.

thnx and 2" iron and had to be dug out by hand over 3/4 tn by hand bad day that day, org pipe was like swiss cheese, and the second was a 2-4" reducer

Last edited:
sorry solutions, that one made me chuckle....
why pull a bend on the blow off then solder a joint anyway?
could have just used elbow!!
The top portion is a preformed tail but the layout of the vailant means the space behind the blow off has to be kept clear to allow the condense trap to be dropped out.
it sits forward of the other tails so I prefer to loose the corner with a bend.

The top portion is a preformed tail but the layout of the vailant means the space behind the blow off has to be kept clear to allow the condense trap to be dropped out.
it sits forward of the other tails so I prefer to loose the corner with a bend.

oh yea, see the hole now..good thinking batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Comments and feedback constructive or otherwise welcome. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock