Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss coming to the end of my training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ste@smartgas

ive been doing my tech cert/ nvq2 in gas the past 2 years and in 5 weeks weve gotta book our first acs
needless to say im worried haha ive only been doing 1 day in college and 1 on the district as im 28 and this is a career change so i dont feel im experienced enuff. any pointers on things i should make sure im perfect on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ste
Ventilation is a key part if I can remember which is funny as since I passed and started my own business I've hardly seen an open flued boiler....happy days

Why are you shyting yourself. If you fail they take you out the back and shoot you. Can't say i've ever read or heard on the news of anyone being shot outside some ACS centre.
That must be because it doesn't happen :frown:

Now if your title had said "coming to the end of my tether" i might have been able to give you a more sensible answer :smile:

Btw i notice you have worked with an ex old BG man, now how did i know that. Answer that one and you've passed :lol:

I remember a tale at the training centre i went to about someone failing. He was in a cubicle and testing the safety on a cooker with a drop down lid. He lit burners , closed lid and obviously didnt check they had gone out. You can picture the outcome !

I know the answer to the old BG gasman question, does that mean I pass? :)

your going to have seven i think papers covering everything. distances. you'll have british standard books to reference with.
which muti choice questions elimate the obvious wrong answers. that should take about four days. 2 trys then a talk through. but u should of worked it out in two to be fair.
then practicle like pipework (sleeving. electrical bonding. depth buried), fires, cookers, boilers just basic checks. fsd 60 sec on fires cookers check them. check manufacters intructions. has it got a fsd. warm up turn off ecv 60 sec, turn back on. if gas flows fail.

smoke pellets in flues. adjust gas valve settings using fga.CPA.
your assesor will be on hand to help. not standing over your back. like a drill sargent. lol. i didnt stop calling him lol.
then when u think your done.
about 8 questions that arent muti choice. remember lint and dust build up will cause a boiler burner to be explosive on ignition.be calm good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to coming to the end of my training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock