Discuss Combi service? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I've done a few boiler services lately and just wondered if I'm being shown properly. We do all the gas rating and clean out the casing and the condense trap. We visually check for defects. The boilers are only a year old but just wondered if there's more to it?

Why don't you sign up to private area and we can discuss in more depth?

I take it you are with a GSR engineer and under supervision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very much so. Wouldn't touch it otherwise. I ask because it's for my portfolio.

Service as per manufacture instructions.
Check your combustion readings, gas rate within spec.
Trust the Engineer is teaching you correctly. If any doubt consult another.
Cannot go into any detailed specifics on open forum.

why not read the manufacturers instructions while your watching the service and see if its being done as required.

I do read the instructions. I'm just questioning whether if the gas analyser readings are correct then there's not much to do??

What AW is saying is when you come to an appliance macka its best to do exactly what the manufacturers tell you , as when it comes to the appliance that they built , they are the procedures to follow, and all newer appliances should have manual or it can be accessed

Even if FGA readings are ok you can still clean out heat exchangers ,( although some boilers require special tools for diifferent models) clean electrodes (measure your gaps) check your flue assembly inside and out, clean out your condensate trap, Reassemble take another reading , you dont have to by always tightness test ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi service? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock