Discuss Combi bolier - how can i increase pressure in shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smilyali

Hi I'm new here so hoping someone can help, would really appreciate some advice!
We've just had our old boiler system removed and had a combi boiler installed. We have 3 toilets, 2 showers, 14 radiators. Water pressure in all basin taps and bath taps is strong (cold and hot) - no problems there. The showers run on the combi system (with a thermostat, not mixer) however the pressure is very low compared to the taps. The showers are both ceiling mounted (rain showers) - does the size of the house play a part in this? How can we increase the pressure to the showers, as the taps are absolutely fine (strong). Would really like stronger pressure in the showers :-(
Thank you in advance for your help.
Combi is a Wocester Greenstar 28i Junior
Ali

what size are the heads for the showers because the bigger they are compared to a normal hand held head the flow will be the same but spread over a larger area i don't think there is much you can do apart from getting a smaller head but i stand to be corrected

as steve has said it may be down to the flow of the hot. The combi boiler has to restrict the flow rate of the hot supply to obtain the desired temps.

Change the shower head for an eco head - you get a good shower but it is more economical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi bolier - how can i increase pressure in shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
V
Hi All, Hope all are doing great. I have replaced two separate tap of my bathtub by mixer tap with thermostat. Previous with two separate tabs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi. Homeowner with some knowledge of plumbing just to fix toilet taps etc. I need some advice please if anyone can help. So I can use a 4 port...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock