Search the forum,

Discuss Can increase and reduce in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Homeowner with some knowledge of plumbing just to fix toilet taps etc.

I need some advice please if anyone can help.
So I can use a 4 port manifold to get feeds to outside tap, the dishwasher and the washing machine plus the kitchen sink tap.

Can go from 15mm pipe increase to 22mm connection so I can attach the manifold which reduces again for 15mm feeds.

I do have high pressure water system. I have attached a picture. Far left pipe is outside tap feed.

Plumber is not answering me need to get this plumbed as my partner is coming out of hospital.

Attachments

• 20221222_004436.jpg
    20221222_004436.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 19
I don’t get why your trying to use a heating manifold system?

I’ve read this about 5 times and very confused, not sure what this “4 port manifold“ is (apart from something used on heating as mentioned above)
I have never used a “4 port manifold“ under a kitchen sink in 30 years as a plumber.

Just use 15mm pipe and fittings to connect everything.

Hot pipe to hot tap, with isolation valve on the pipe.

Cold pipe -
Tee to outside tap pipe, stopcock or lever valve required to isolate in cold weather.
Tee to cold tap, isolation valve on the pipe.
Tee for appliances and use a BSP compression appliance tee valve 3/4 x 3/4 x 15mm
from Screwfix (code 24030) This will save space to connect washing machine and dishwasher to same valve.

No reason not to increase to 22 and then reduce back down again if that's what it takes to connect everything up.

Though note your manifold may not be made of materials designed to be used for drinking water. If it's a temporary bodge that works until your plumber shows up, then I can see why you might use it anyway, but that's your choice to make.

Reply to Can increase and reduce in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock