Discuss Combi boiler, no HW upstairs only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I mainly do installs but a good friend of mine called with the above symptoms. Any ideas as to what i should look out for?

Many thanks

Stretched diaphragm on the hot water flow valve, reduced flow, filter blockage. That sort of thing :) Sounds like its detecting flow but not all. If it's the shower then that can be different all together :)

Yes they said the shower was the first thing they noticed, any ideas, thanksdiamond gas

Are they getting HW at other outlets (i.e. Kitchen), Are they getting water at all upstairs? If its just upstairs affected its probably a pipework/tap issue.

They said upstairs only is affected, wife said shower, husband said all the hw outlets upstairs

its one of those jobs you would have to see for yourself in order to diagnose it. Sounds more like a plumbing problem than a boiler problem IMO.

Most likely stretched diaphragm ... Do you know what boiler it is? The shower stat cartridge is possible but I'd want to eliminate the boiler TBh much cheaper :)

Thanks for the great advice. How does the stretched diaphragm cause those symptoms?

Must go on that fault finding course

Certain flow rate required to produce the pressure diff to lift the diaphragm. As it stretches it takes a greater diff to lift the valve. Upstairs will have a lower flow rate than downstairs, shower even less! Eventually the stretching will get to a point where the lower requests will be ignored. Usually shower then upstairs basin....!

Does that make sense?

Yes, thats brilliant diamond gas. When i get stuck into it, i love fault finding. Its just been years since had to fault find on a boiler. I now mostly fit new and fault find on the system, if you know what i mean

I really do need to go on a refresher course and earn some money this way...

Any courses to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler, no HW upstairs only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock