Discuss Cold water to shower no longer running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

ok,was called to a job today,homeowner had a slight leak under his kitchen sink on Tuesday,he switched mains off overnight & replaced washer in the morning,in between then his son & wife had a shower (separately!!!) it's thermostatic & is tank fed.Now after turning the mains back on,the shower was used again,ran normally for 30 seconds or so then flow stopped.

So I've went round tonight & the hot seems ok but there is nothing coming through the cold,even though the whb & bath taps are fine along with the wc.The house is set up funny,it's a 3 story building,the customers house is 2 stories & there is a flat above,I've tried using the hot to push any air back up to storage cistern,cleaning shower cartridges,running the water with the shower disconnected but there is only a trickle coming through!!now I'm going back tomoro & am going to go up into the attic to see if there's a valve that's been shut or if the shower has it's own feed from the tank & is maybe blocked with sediment etc.

Is there anything else that may be causing this?!i know it sounds like an airlock but I can only try removing it with tank fed hot water!! I really don't think there will be any shut valves & am not even sure if there will be a separate feed from the tank!!

This is really bugging me!!

cheers for any help!

As above or disconnect the cold main to the FOV and attach your hose, poke it down the cold feed and run the main whilst the cold outlet is open.

Ahh I thought maybe float operated valve!!

thats what I done anyway,connected into the mains at ballvalve,fed bit of pipe into outlet for bathroom and turned on mains,water now perfect!!

thanks again guys,much appreciated

Yes you was right, FOV.....float operated valve.
Welldone it's a good way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold water to shower no longer running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock