Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss cold water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

choirfran

Hi I have a problem with the cold water tap in my bathroom. All the other taps work fine but suddenly there is no water coming out of the cold tap on the sink. I have checked the filter on the end, no broblem there. It is a 2 tap 1 spout type. Please can someone advise me what I can do.

Air lock

Try holding your hand over the spout & turning the tap on. Hold it for a while & see what happens

As above, you could try holding your hand over the spout end and opening both taps and hold for a few seconds. Be careful if the hot water is very hot. It is worth a try, but these modern mixer taps don't usually mix the water like the old taps did.
You could also just have a faulty cartridge on the cold side. Washer could be stuck, or works have slipped apart inside and needs stripped, some silicone grease and put together again if you are lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cold water tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock