Search the forum,

Discuss Cold sunroom, need separate heating thermostat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dundalkbob

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice on our cold sunroom. Basically the room is the coldest in the house. It is off the kitchen and separated by two double doors. However, we barely use it during the winter because of how cold it gets.

There's a long double radiator in the room, however it never gets to be on for very long as the thermostat is in the hall of the house. So once the hall of the house is warm enough the heating goes off, without the sunroom getting warm enough.

Does anyone have advice on this? Should this room have its own circuit/thermostat? I wouldn't want to move the current one there either as it'll only lead to the rest of the house getting too hot.

Assuming that you are in Dundalk the planning regs are different from ours.

But basically, yeah. Radiators in sun rooms and conservatories need to be on their own circuits with their own timeclock channel and room stat.

Part L of the building regs I think it is.

Oh, and apologies for kicking you out in your original incarnation, we couldn't allow the name you had used, I'm afraid. Hope you understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the other rads have trvs on then you could regulate the rest of the house on those and move the stat into the sun room (make sure it's shaded from the sun though otherwise you'll end up reversing your current problem) adding a separate circuit wouldn't be easy depending on what system you have. Is it an s plan or you plan do you know?

No worries, I understand.

Im in the north of Ireland so it would be UK regulations but in any case I guess it wasn't setup that way. OK I guess I'll just have to look into getting that done then.

Thanks

The 6 counties have their own planning regs which are closely modelled on the mainlands building regulations so if you follow part L you won't be too far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold sunroom, need separate heating thermostat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock