Discuss Cold Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boiler underpowered is rubbish and is one of the first things I check when installing additional rads. Your response to this should have been to say that you had turned all the other rads off so it was only running the additional ones. Good luck for next week.

No plumber worth his salt add radiators to a system that would render the boiler under size, there is no more to be said, I will be there next week to have a look Jules

Tony the Terrible :20:

Bet his come off a return from a rad which he thought was a flow (Some people think that because it has a TRV on it its going to be a flow, which is not always the case) , and tied what he thought was a return into a return to pick up for his new circuit (If you get the jist) wont work unless the rad his come off is working/trv open etc. I've seen that before with people not knowing what their doing. Its a proper head scratcher when you come up against it as you eyes miss it the first few times because your mind and skill tells you No he wouldnt of done that. My picture I drew up quickly might make it clearer.

Attachments

• Rads Piped Incorrectly_1.jpg
    Rads Piped Incorrectly_1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 57
Thank you for the drawing.... If we turn off all the other radiators after an hour or so the temperamental rad becomes barely luke warm...would your suggestion still apply? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock