Search the forum,

Discuss CMS Property management in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguetrader

Gas Engineer
Hi all, has anyone been contacted from CMS property management a Scottish company, they are promising all the same things as NUS did, there asking for 2k plus vat for 500 properties to look after there servicing and call outs. Just another scam I don't know how they get away with it.

I had an email from them not long ago, went to SPAM like my account knew that is no good:33:

Just had a tear up with "Steven" from CMS. Told him to stop sending me mails. explained that the word is out about them. "Steven" replied that's just plumbers who have no work and spend all their time on forums with nothing better to do!! Didn't like him.... so I told him to go and commit a very difficult act on himself. He in turn told me to attempt the same!!?? Won't bore you with the details, we did start at a very base level. perhaps if anyone would like to talk to steven I can pass his number on

Just had a tear up with "Steven" from CMS. Told him to stop sending me mails. explained that the word is out about them. "Steven" replied that's just plumbers who have no work and spend all their time on forums with nothing better to do!! Didn't like him.... so I told him to go and commit a very difficult act on himself. He in turn told me to attempt the same!!?? Won't bore you with the details, we did start at a very base level. perhaps if anyone would like to talk to steven I can pass his number on

Thanks for the lovely offer mate but if I wanted to talk to shyte I'd have a blether with my own one in the toilet :lol:

if anyone would like to talk to steven I can pass his number on

Perhaps you could pass his number to those thoughtful people who want to help me reclaim the missold PPI insurance which I never bought on the loan that I never took out.

Im sure theres many a spot we could load up Stevens number!

Could we all ring Stevens number within a 3hr window on the same day?
Witheld numbers of course :89::89::89::89::89:

That sounds good as ive had these emails and its crazy and a pitty that some folks get sucked in , CMS here we come,,

Or put an advert on gumtree for 50 hardcore adult mags and some soild knicker ÂŁ10 Ono with his number attached.
we did this years ago to one of our mates ( the advert was in loot, no inter web then) his house where he lived with his parents, phone rang for months!

I have been approached by them and agree it must be too good to be true.
but what exactly is the scam?

You do work and don't get paid. You pay them for leads and there are none....

You do work and don't get paid. You pay them for leads and there are none....
That was my first thought, but in the contract it guarantees 500 properties a year and if they fail to deliver you get your 2k back. Now I know they probably would try not to give you the money back but that would put them in breach of contract which you could chase through the small claims court. Aggro I know but is it worth their while to get in that situation in the first place? There are only so many times they can get away with it, so is it then worth it for them?
It would be interesting to find somebody out there who has actually gone through with it and what their experience was.
That is something that don't appear to be pushing, testimonials from existing contractors which any marketing person will tell you is the most powerful selling tool you can have.
i think at the moment unless somebody can tell me what the actual scam is and back it up in some way then I am going to ask them to provide me with the names and contact details of some existing contractors that I can verify and talk to myself even to the point of visiting them at their premises.
it will be interesting to see what transpires and I will of course let you know.
Don't get me wrong I am not here to defend them I am very sceptical myself I just would like something more solid either way than just knee jerk reactions.

They sometimes entice you in with one job then they need to get u on the books for more work, but will have to wait until April or pay ÂŁ2500 admin charge?

promise of few hundreds properties to hundreds of people, they must control half of the Uk property market now :D

That was my first thought, but in the contract it guarantees 500 properties a year and if they fail to deliver you get your 2k back. Now I know they probably would try not to give you the money back but that would put them in breach of contract which you could chase through the small claims court. Aggro I know but is it worth their while to get in that situation in the first place? There are only so many times they can get away with it, so is it then worth it for them?
It would be interesting to find somebody out there who has actually gone through with it and what their experience was.
That is something that don't appear to be pushing, testimonials from existing contractors which any marketing person will tell you is the most powerful selling tool you can have.
i think at the moment unless somebody can tell me what the actual scam is and back it up in some way then I am going to ask them to provide me with the names and contact details of some existing contractors that I can verify and talk to myself even to the point of visiting them at their premises.
it will be interesting to see what transpires and I will of course let you know.
Don't get me wrong I am not here to defend them I am very sceptical myself I just would like something more solid either way than just knee jerk reactions.
Well I see you're a new comer mate so right on cue! No one is remotely interested in being rumped by these people. The scam will come when you try to pick your money up. Be wary of those bearing gifts.

Seriously.

Long history of these companies sending emails, texts with exactly the same offer.

Nice two starting posts :)

To all those that dont work or are involved with these companies AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - PAY THEM MONEY AT YOUR PERIL you wont see it again.

That was my first thought, but in the contract it guarantees 500 properties a year and if they fail to deliver you get your 2k back. Now I know they probably would try not to give you the money back but that would put them in breach of contract which you could chase through the small claims court. Aggro I know but is it worth their while to get in that situation in the first place?

Because by the time the 1st case actually comes to court, they have make off with several dozen x ÂŁ2000.

There are only so many times they can get away with it, so is it then worth it for them?

You would think so, but the very fact that you are here asking the question proves that they can keep getting away with it. These scams have been reported on this forum more or less since it first opened. Often the directors names of the various firms are disconcertingly similar.

If you use the search facility on this site, you will find several heart-breaking stories of people who have fallen for it. And they are just the ones who aren't so embarrassed that they keep schtum.

Yes it will, in a watching-a-car-crash-can't-look-away kind of way.

Those guys who have been on the forum for a few years aren't reacting with knee-jerks - they will have read the same threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
wish i had seen this a few months ago feeling very stupid!!! and skint!!! :(

I did but they may have come across the wrong person this time company director has been found along with the 3 different address they have. A family member who is a solicitor is already on the case

I did but they may have come across the wrong person this time company director has been found along with the 3 different address they have. A family member who is a solicitor is already on the case

I hope you're right Gavin, I sincerely do.

You could have bought all this
umy2u7u8.jpg

people like these eat county court and small claims judgements for lunchas ray says by the time it got near a court the company is folded and youll find the names on the directors list will be a couple of hard ups who were recruited down the pub
long firms have been running for ever

The last time I saw references on the website of a very similar company, they turned out to be false. If you really need to have the scam explained and "backed up" in whatever way then I would guess you are new to either the trade or self employment? seriously consider your employment status as you won't last long in this trade if you fall for this, especially when it's been a hot topic for the last few years.

Why would anybody pay? I suppose its eay to say when you have heard a few of these.

As for getting your money back, i think the best way is to forget the legal routes and get yourself a gorilla and a pair of bolt cutters. Put the two together and send them round to one of the addresses. I'm sure you will get a refund if the gorilla has the directors nads in a tight grip with the bolt cutters.

Other than that I think its a lesson learnt the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CMS Property management in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony at one end of the property is connected to a combined water/sewage system with the...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a cold water tank this tank feeds six properties in a straight line below my property is on the third floor so in the middle. The job would entail...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock