Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Client from Hell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Well, since our house move fell through, we are having some work done to our current house.

Including a new bathroom and cloakroom.

You have to feel sorry for the poor bloke don't you. Can you imagine a worse client than your merchant?

How about a grumpy merchant trying to shift 30 tonnes of bulbs?

Still dealing with the aftermath of that. Neighbours now have bulbs. Inlaws have bulbs. Colleagues have bulbs. Final solution - wife sings in a choir. Choir is now disbanded and reformed as gardening club! :)

Wnodered who you pass the blame on to now your management.

"You just can't get the fitters these days."

<cue Monty Python 4 yorkshiremen>

"Now, back when I were on the tools, we arrived on site, half an hour before we went to bed..."

Bet the gear is missing all sorts and probably ex showroom from 1985? Merchants throw nothing away!!!!!! Shower will be cobbled together from returns and cistern just 10 bags of odds and ends.......... Well your the plumber you sort it.

Bet the gear is missing all sorts and probably ex showroom from 1985? Merchants throw nothing away!!!!!! Shower will be cobbled together from returns and cistern just 10 bags of odds and ends.......... Well your the plumber you sort it.

How dare you sir! 1992 at least. And the bloke who returned said it was all there, honest.

Actually.............

I vaguely remember Ray saying he had something at the back of the showroom he was saving for a rainy day!

I do have half a dozen Armitage Oyster vanity basins, and possibly a Shires CHiffon pink Pavan basin somewhere.

PLUS HE IS THE ONLY MERCHANT TO COMPILE PLUMBERS CHARGE RATES, and hell want lands ends prices!!

I was asked to do the work on one of our local independants merchants new build about 20 years ago. Great big house in the country. I was too busy at the time so he got another couple of guys to do the work on the side.
House finished and guys in testing the heating. LPG boiler and they left a leak somewhere and the house blew up as they were standing at the van. Had to be totally demolished.
No insurance payout and it eventually cost him his share of the business!
I really felt heart sorry for him at the time.

Still dealing with the aftermath of that. Neighbours now have bulbs. Inlaws have bulbs. Colleagues have bulbs. Final solution - wife sings in a choir. Choir is now disbanded and reformed as gardening club! :)

I'm surprised you haven't had a bulb giveaway on here! :)

Probably got a pile of vending machine cups of soup and hot chocolate.... Spices things up by randomly mixing bovril tho.

RESULT!

I saw my builder yesterday and went through everything we needed doing.

Got to the bathroom, which I really wasn't looking forward to. Most of the work isn't plumbing, so I wanted the builder to take the lead role - he's a really good builder and the last thing I want to be doing is managing different trades on the same project. I also didn't want to negotiate directly with one of our customers.

On the other hand, I didn't want some "builders pipework" three storeys up.

Imagine my relief when he says "I don't touch any plumbing myself, but I always use the same plumber to do my work."

And then he named a really sound bloke who I have known since he was an apprentice, and his father before him.

Phew.

When I first read the posts, I thought it said "I saw my butler yesterday" not builder. And I thought, sounds about right.

When I first read the posts, I thought it said "I saw my butler yesterday" not builder. And I thought, sounds about right.

I wish.

"I say Jeeves, be a stout chap, and tool along to the Kitchen for some tea and biccies"

"Very good Sir".

I could get used to that. :)

And it started today. Bathroom looks like a bad day in the London Blitz. The builder has realised that when I said "some of the walls my not be perfectly true" this was the biggest understatement since Tiger Woods said he was feeling a bit fresh.

Ho hum. 4 rooms to be gutted, plastered, floored, painted, papered, plumbed - the whole lot - everything except a re-wire.

Glad I'm not doing it.

so you pursuaded the Mrs to go for gas lighting then :)

Funny you should mention that.

You should have seen the look on the builder's face when we told him that the gas mantles on the wall were not decorative - they were still live.

had to recommission an empty house last year, boiler aga etc and 20 plus gas lights!!!! seems you need a leisure ticket to be able to work on gas lighting :), I broke the first mantle trying to pop in a lamp, then I realised they were all gas !!!!!!!!!!!! 2 blokes who wore pink had refurbished the place to victorian standards as a live the theme B&B, but they went bust before they finished. I must pop back for the 4" copper downpipes and guttering idc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Client from Hell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
For residential housing, what are the current regulations and/or recommended/standard practices regarding the supply of cold water to the taps on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock