Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Clearing 150mm broken PVC pipe with root intrusion in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Josh Morrison

Hi, I have a 150mm PVC stormwater pipe that has been broken and intruded by a tree root 0.5m from the manhole. The pipe is 4m below ground level, so I don't really want to dig it up. Is there a way to clear the broken intruding pieces of PVC and the tree root and reline? Thanks.

A relining crew will be able to water jet the pipe to a condition where they can reline it without any protrusions into the pipe.
Just make sure you get a company that will give you the guaranties and warranty for the job and make sure you get their insurance details.

Relining of drains is fairly safe, but I have come across a couple that have been terrible.
Mostly due to customer that wants a cheap repair and an inexperienced, uninsured contractor.

Reply to Clearing 150mm broken PVC pipe with root intrusion in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock