Discuss Cleaning unvented pressure reducing valve / inlet filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone dismantled these before... The water pressure / flow rate has dropped right off on the hot & cold outlets, I suspect the inlet filter is full of debris. I only recall changing one of these once & it took ages to pull out as it was a pig of a job! I'm referring to the big plastic cartridge element!

Im looking to pull it out first to check as there not cheap / hoping it will only need cleaning, but kinda worried it won't come out in one piece & I'm gonna end up in a right mess!!

I don't want to buy one as there about 80 quid which will be wasted if its a wrong diagnosis, the property has a few different incoming mains so not a straightforward property :/

image.jpg

I'd buy a new one or get one on a note just in case you need it once you've started, nothing worse than getting half way through the job and you need a part that you could of brought

They do break, take it off and from the balance port, get a punch / drift and carefully knock it out from the bottom. Use the palm of your hand well before a hammer , good luck .

Just changed 2 last Saturday

Water hot water ran then stopped.

Changed valves & all beautiful

Was with a suitably trained engineer!

The one I bought was ÂŁ93 inc vat I think at plumb centre.

I did try Williams first so not to upset Ray but they don't stock the megaflo ones & I wanted like for like.

Definitely not the same. Thankfully....
Theyre supplied with the RM cylinder. Range Tribune too.
I replace cylinders and unless they need changing, I don't bother. Saves having to change pipework as you'll have to do.
Just give them a price to supply and fit a new one

Just looked at the pic, properly....
That's well and truly buggered by the looks of it - check out the limescale stalagmites growing from it. Full of rust inside

Last edited:
Definitely not the same. Thankfully....
Theyre supplied with the RM cylinder. Range Tribune too.
I replace cylinders and unless they need changing, I don't bother. Saves having to change pipework as you'll have to do.
Just give them a price to supply and fit a new one

Just looked at the pic, properly....
That's well and truly buggered by the looks of it - check out the limescale stalagmites growing from it. Full of rust inside

Cheers, will get a replacement ordered as iv got a range one spare myself but its different with the expansion valve missing lol! Yeah it looks a bit funny, but I'm not sure what the inside will be like!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cleaning unvented pressure reducing valve / inlet filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock