Currently reading:
Chrome Basin Bottle Traps

Discuss Chrome Basin Bottle Traps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fossell

Hi there,

My first post here and a simple question. Please move the thread if it needs to be somewhere better :)

My bathroom basin is wall hung and i originally had a chrome bottle trap on it. Its utter crap! The water doesnt flow properly through these things and they quickly block up. ( to be honest a plumber in the shop when I bought it did warn me!!)
I ended up getting a large white plastic bottle trap which works great but looks fugly!
Can anyone suggest a better way of doing this please????

I cant find larger chromed bottle traps so ive kinda crossed that of the list.
My next idea was just to put a simple P trap on there or shallow P trap. I think I can get those chromed?? And the water will flow fine I guess.

Would really appreciate advise.

Thanks, Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that you have not adjusted the dip tube sufficiently, it needs about 20mm clearance from the bottom of the trap.
On the other hand if it blocks it is doing its job by keeping the detritus out of the drains,

Mc Alpine do a Chrome colour "plastic" bottle trap, it dont beat the real thing but it may look a little better then white.

Product code: CAA10 or a A10AR-CP

They are both adjustable, the second code is for a resealing trap.

Have a look at the link. http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/productlist.asp

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are various manufacturers of chrome traps. Perhaps try another one? Seems odd that it drains so slow. Never had a problem myself.

as bob has said its when the dip tube is to low and virtually seal the trap although the guy in the shop was right apart from looking good theres little else to recomend them some are not even the right size to take plastic pipe

you can buy many different chrome traps, industrial catering traps are chrome and don't block, even buy a regular copper p trap and get it plated for a few quid

Thanks guys. Just woke up here, but will check to see if it will deepen/adjust. Thought I would of tried that already. Aside from the slow drainage I remember it being quite leaky to.
Will get back.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chrome Basin Bottle Traps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back