Currently reading:
Check valve

Discuss Check valve in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Am going to install a check valve in mains supply, as using a ball valve and not a stopcock. Will be 22mm brass as long as WRAS approved is that all I should be looking for? Do any have bigger internal bores than others or are they all around 15mm internal? Oh and also single or double.

If your putting in a check valve then it should be a double, probably not really any point except on an outside tap tho.
Is it a grey area because I thought if you used a ball valve you were supposed to use a check valve? Every house I seem to have bought had the brass stopcock which as usual was totally seized hence my wanting a ball valve.

A decent stoptap is good, they're a world away from a gate valve. I know what your saying but if you factor in the 'serviceability' of a stoptap I think its the better option.
The non return capability of a stoptap is questionable but your thinking is correct.
Real world, practically it doesn't really matter.

A decent stoptap is good, they're a world away from a gate valve. I know what your saying but if you factor in the 'serviceability' of a stoptap I think its the better option.
The non return capability of a stoptap is questionable but your thinking is correct.
Real world, practically it doesn't really matter.
And finally one last question I am reading brass fitting should be DZR if water may possibly end up drinking water which on a mains inlet tap is 100%. I have never bothered as to which type of brass the fitting is made of.

I assume a wras approved fitting would be.
Unless it was for a big project I'd be happy to let the supplier take responsibility for that one.

Reply to Check valve in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back