Discuss Changing radiator valves on microbore pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is changing radiator valves on micro bore pipe a tricky processes with them being prone to leaking after? I no changing them on 15mm pipe is easy, cutting off the old olive etc. Any tips for changing them on micro bore pipework?

You could solder a 10x 15 reducer and use 15mm valves if there isn't any movement in the pipework.

So do you usually leave the olive on if micro bore? I'm swapping some old valves for trvs. At moment the radiators don't have trv's on. Guessing this doesn't class as like for like?

And what if the valves that are in at the moment have internal reducers in them. Not a 10mm olive.

And what if the valves that are in at the moment have internal reducers in them. Not a 10mm olive.
Copper or plastic?

copper , I'm afraid it's cut and sold new piece of pipe or reducer.
good lock with plastic!

We use the bulldog ones day in day out. They do 8 and 10. The 15 to 8 reducers are awful!

Jet blue on joints. Make sure joints and cuts are square and a good fit. I would only recommend tight fits to a seasoned pro! !

when changing radiator vales on 15mm pipe do most people cut the old olive off and put new nut and olive on the pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing radiator valves on microbore pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Trying to change bathroom radiator valves but I can’t get the old olive/nut off… any advice? Also the small plastic part next to the pipe, will...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock